Quantity Surveyor Role
Overview of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business that is experiencing exceptional growth. At the Elite Metal Group we love what we do, and we enjoy working with people that are passionate about their role and the difference that they can make within our business and the built environment. This role will sit across all divisions of the business.
The Quantity Surveyor will work within the Quantity Surveying Team to report on and control commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and COO.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have contractual knowledge and awareness, in particular JCT and NEC3/NEC4 various options and standard methods of measurement. You’ll be managing the financial aspect of subcontract packages of work including steel erection, cladding and metal decking, as well as managing the cost control, utilising cost and value reporting and cash flow forecasting.
You’ll need to have a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience within the industry, along with experience of controlling projects within the construction sectors. Detailed knowledge and experience of the technical elements of the structural steel industry is also preferred.
Engage and Manage supply chain
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender.
- Receive and analyse quotations, then determine (with Operational team) which to proceed with based on financial and non-financial factors.
- Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful tenderers.
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and accounts.
Understand and conform with contractual and technical requirements
- Produce Bill of Quantities from information from drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Produce an Activity Schedule for payment purposes, from quotation or contract documents.
- Understand and proof-read standard Construction industry contracts.
- Have a reasonable understanding of structural and architectural steelwork. construction process and the wider construction industry.
Play a key role in bringing payment into the company
- Prepare, submit and negotiate interim Applications for Payment, collecting the information from relevant sources e.g. Project managers, delivery records, site measure etc.
- Collect and present information necessary for raising Invoices. Co-ordinate with the Accounting team for the creation and payment of the invoices.
- Update Cashflow Forecasting information based on project programme/plan.
Communicate commercial information
- Extract and organise information from software programs to contribute to Monthly Reports.
- Present and review cost information with operational team.
- Attend and contribute to financial and progress meetings with the clients and subcontractors as required.
- Assist others in the company with organising and presenting information relevant to commercial interests.
Key measures and targets:
- Maintaining deadlines in line with monthly accounting calendar.
- Accurate and up-to-date monthly forecasting.
- Ability to challenge resources and costs.
Quantity Surveying Team
Chief Operating Officer
Contracts Manager and Project Manager(s)
Estimating, Procurement and Accounting teams
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Positive and solution focused attitude and the ability to integrate with and play an active part in the company.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the construction process with experience within the steel industry.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Ability to use a range of computer programs and apps, particularly Microsoft Excel and other office products.
Eagerness and ability to learn new software programs and organisational systems.
Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally and with our supply chain.
Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up-to-date knowledge.
This is a predominantly office-based role at our Perivale Head Quarters in northwest London with weekly site visits across London.
Typical hours of work will be 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday.
At the Elite Metal Group, we consider ourselves to be the steel fabrication experts. The Group is currently made up of 5 key divisions or sub-brands, all with their own area of expertise. Last year our annual turnover was £12 million. Certain areas of our business have been trading for more than 70 years which has allowed us to establish competitive buying rates and a formidable team of skilled craftsman and detailers.
The group comprises of the following –
- Vaughan Fabrication Services specialise in on-site fabrication, welding and plant maintenance across the UK. Our fully equipped fleet of nationwide vehicles ensures that a team of professionals can quickly attend your site project.
- Elite Metalcraft was established in 1951 and specialises in architectural steel and bespoke staircase design for commercial and domestic markets. The highly experienced team is adept at working with any alloy of your choice to bring beautiful designs to life.
- Elite Structural Steel offers the complete package from simple structural steel supply through to site surveys, drawings, fabrication and in-house installation.
- Elite Surveying has a Team of experts ready to conduct topographical surveys using an array of industry leading robotic laser stations so that you can be assured of the highest levels of accuracy on your project.
- Elite Fabrication is the newest addition to the Elite Metal Group. Created for Architects, Garden Designers and Landscape Contractors this division specialises in architectural and bespoke steel products commonly used on traditional landscape schemes. Whether you’re looking for planters, landscape edging, balustrades, pergolas or access hatches, Elite Fabrication will have a solution to your design challenge.
The Elite Metal Group is based in North-West London and is proud to be the ONLY London based steel supplier that can survey, design, manufacture, wet spray, deliver and install using our own in-house facilities and highly professional Team.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to [email protected] Just because you can’t see a job on our listings table below doesn’t mean that we won’t be recruiting for it in the near future, so do send your CV across.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our Elite Team.
Why work with us?
70+ years of experience
Elite Metal Group has been manufacturing for over 70 years.
Our 44,000 square foot factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Minimal lead times
By manufacturing in-house we can ensure that we meet every agreed project deadline with no delays.
No third parties
Our in-house teams can survey, design, manufacture, deliver and install.
40,000 sq. ft factory
Our factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Dedicated delivery fleet
Elite Metal Group has it's own in-house delivery and experienced installation Teams.
The Group Benefits
Our group buying power means that you can enjoy competitive rates whilst enjoying the best quality in the business.
We're accredited by CHAS, Constructionline, BALI, FORS, CE Marking, Safe Contractor and more.