Projects Manager Role
Overview of the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business that is experiencing exceptional growth. At the Elite Metal Group we love what we do, and we enjoy working with people that are passionate about their role and the difference that they can make within our business and the built environment. This role will sit across all divisions of the business.
As a Projects Manager you will be responsible for the overall success of multiple sites across the business and will oversee the site management team on various sites. You will be reporting directly to the Contracts managers and Company Directors on the success of each project and will be required to attend site meetings and client meetings. You will also be responsible for the quality and safety performance of each project in which you are involved.
You will ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations, alongside building relationships with customers ensuring that the contracts meet operational targets whilst delivering a quality and professional service.
Your day to day duties and responsibilities as Projects Manager will be to:
- Conducting site surveys.
- Promote a good working relationship with all clients and fully understand their needs.
- To ensure appropriate materials for projects are ordered and organised to arrive on site as per the project programme.
- To coordinate the design of projects between in house design managers/ external design sub-contractors to ensure compliant designs are provided on time.
- To ensure labour for dedicated projects is arranged and contractor packs sent out as per the project programme.
- Produce and maintain suitable method statements, risk assessments and lift plans (Where required) to ensure safe systems of work are in place.
- Monitor operations on site to ensure safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
- Supply information to resolve any disputes, if necessary.
- Supervising and managing labour allocation and resources in collaboration with other team managers.
- Cooperating with other project/ contract/ design managers in planning, scheduling, and carrying out works.
- Carry out on-site audits to ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines, good working practice and company procedures.
- Meet responsibilities to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to health and property.
- Provide and maintain safe working environments that are without risks to health, safety, and welfare.
- Setting standards that comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety, and welfare with regard to the effect on employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
- Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards connected with work activities, processes and working systems.
- Commit to improving the overall standard of your teams performance and implement measures/ incentives to ensure these improvements are not only met but are maintained for the future.
- When a problem arises on a contract, you are to be the first point of contact to intervene and agree solutions on how to mitigate/ remediate the issues that have arisen.
Good standard of education
CSCS Site Manager Card and SMSTS
BTEC, NHC or HND or degree in a building-related subjects
High level of commercial awareness
Experience in managing both small and large teams
Experience in commercial and industrial sectors
Good clear communication and client facing skills
The ability to manage a multisite operation
Strong understanding of health and safety issues
Fully up-to-date with Health and safety regulations
Excellent team leader skills with the ability to coach and develop a team
Extensive knowledge in the metalwork industry
Previous & proven experience as a Contracts Manager
Be up to date with all the latest Health and Safety Legislation
Good IT skills – Word, Excel and Outlook ETC
Strong verbal and written communication
Good problem solving skills
Must work well within a team and alone
Ability to travel
The ability to use own initiative to resolve any problem and issues that may arise
Full UK driving license
This is a predominantly site-based role.
Typical hours of work will be 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday.
At the Elite Metal Group, we consider ourselves to be the steel fabrication experts. The Group is currently made up of 5 key divisions or sub-brands, all with their own area of expertise. Last year our annual turnover was £12 million. Certain areas of our business have been trading for more than 70 years which has allowed us to establish competitive buying rates and a formidable team of skilled craftsman and detailers.
The group comprises of the following –
- Vaughan Fabrication Services specialise in on-site fabrication, welding and plant maintenance across the UK. Our fully equipped fleet of nationwide vehicles ensures that a team of professionals can quickly attend your site project.
- Elite Metalcraft was established in 1951 and specialises in architectural steel and bespoke staircase design for commercial and domestic markets. The highly experienced team is adept at working with any alloy of your choice to bring beautiful designs to life.
- Elite Structural Steel offers the complete package from simple structural steel supply through to site surveys, drawings, fabrication and in-house installation.
- Elite Surveying has a Team of experts ready to conduct topographical surveys using an array of industry leading robotic laser stations so that you can be assured of the highest levels of accuracy on your project.
- Elite Fabrication is the newest addition to the Elite Metal Group. Created for Architects, Garden Designers and Landscape Contractors this division specialises in architectural and bespoke steel products commonly used on traditional landscape schemes. Whether you’re looking for planters, landscape edging, balustrades, pergolas or access hatches, Elite Fabrication will have a solution to your design challenge.
The Elite Metal Group is based in North-West London and is proud to be the ONLY London based steel supplier that can survey, design, manufacture, wet spray, deliver and install using our own in-house facilities and highly professional Team.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to [email protected] Just because you can’t see a job on our listings table below doesn’t mean that we won’t be recruiting for it in the near future, so do send your CV across.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our Elite Team.
Why work with us?
70+ years of experience
Elite Metal Group has been manufacturing for over 70 years.
Our 44,000 square foot factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Minimal lead times
By manufacturing in-house we can ensure that we meet every agreed project deadline with no delays.
No third parties
Our in-house teams can survey, design, manufacture, deliver and install.
40,000 sq. ft factory
Our factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Dedicated delivery fleet
Elite Metal Group has it's own in-house delivery and experienced installation Teams.
The Group Benefits
Our group buying power means that you can enjoy competitive rates whilst enjoying the best quality in the business.
We're accredited by CHAS, Constructionline, BALI, FORS, CE Marking, Safe Contractor and more.