Overview of the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business that is experiencing exceptional growth. At the Elite Metal Group we love what we do, and we enjoy working with people that are passionate about their role and the difference that they can make within our business and the built environment
We are seeking a highly skilled, personable, trusted and detail-oriented part-time Payroll Assistant with a background in construction. This standalone position and is an office-based role that requires 1 full day, and 3 subsequent half days in our office based in Perivale.
In this role, you will take on the sole responsibility of managing payroll for more than 110 (inc., PAYE, Agency and CIS) staff. The organisation is currently undergoing an exciting modernisation project, demanding adaptability and versatility.
To be eligible for consideration, a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a Payroll Assistant is required, ideally coupled with a working background in the Construction Industry, as well as proven Construction Industry Deductions (CIS) knowledge, and return VAT experience.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Calculating and processing payments such as holiday pay, sick, maternity, paternity starters and leavers payments.
- Sponsorship/ Apprenticeship and Trainee – applications and maintain records.
- Amending, approving and raising anomalies to standard working hours through our clocking system.
- Completing timesheets, from clocking systems.
- Management of reimbursing business expenses.
- End to end payroll processing inc. answering staff queries about payslips or timesheets and Management payroll reporting.
- Collate and submit CIS suffered.
- Make a major contribution to the ongoing improvement in the effectiveness of procedures and controls.
- Track and maintain all staff changes and records.
- Communicating, in a professional approachable manner, to effectively and efficiently resolve queries.
- Liaising with other departments, building and maintaining strong working relations.
- Assisting with simple internal HR issues.
- High levels of confidentiality/GDPR regarding all personal information and company activity must be maintained at all times.
Knowledge and experience required:
Proven payroll experience including PAYE
Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
A keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to prioritise work
Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated and able to work on your own initiative and to high standards
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good analytical skills
- Team player
At the Elite Metal Group, we consider ourselves to be the steel fabrication experts. The Group is currently made up of 5 key divisions or sub-brands, all with their own area of expertise. Last year our annual turnover was £12 million. Certain areas of our business have been trading for more than 70 years which has allowed us to establish competitive buying rates and a formidable team of skilled craftsman and detailers.
The group comprises of the following –
- Vaughan Fabrication Services specialise in on-site fabrication, welding and plant maintenance across the UK. Our fully equipped fleet of nationwide vehicles ensures that a team of professionals can quickly attend your site project.
- Elite Metalcraft was established in 1951 and specialises in architectural steel and bespoke staircase design for commercial and domestic markets. The highly experienced team is adept at working with any alloy of your choice to bring beautiful designs to life.
- Elite Structural Steel offers the complete package from simple structural steel supply through to site surveys, drawings, fabrication and in-house installation.
- Elite Surveying has a Team of experts ready to conduct topographical surveys using an array of industry leading robotic laser stations so that you can be assured of the highest levels of accuracy on your project.
- Elite Fabrication is the newest addition to the Elite Metal Group. Created for Architects, Garden Designers and Landscape Contractors this division specialises in architectural and bespoke steel products commonly used on traditional landscape schemes. Whether you’re looking for planters, landscape edging, balustrades, pergolas or access hatches, Elite Fabrication will have a solution to your design challenge.
The Elite Metal Group is based in North-West London and is proud to be the ONLY London based steel supplier that can survey, design, manufacture, wet spray, deliver and install using our own in-house facilities and highly professional Team.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to [email protected] Just because you can’t see a job on our listings table below doesn’t mean that we won’t be recruiting for it in the near future, so do send your CV across.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our Elite Team.
Why work with us?
70+ years of experience
Elite Metal Group has been manufacturing for over 70 years.
Our 44,000 square foot factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Minimal lead times
By manufacturing in-house we can ensure that we meet every agreed project deadline with no delays.
No third parties
Our in-house teams can survey, design, manufacture, deliver and install.
40,000 sq. ft factory
Our factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Dedicated delivery fleet
Elite Metal Group has it's own in-house delivery and experienced installation Teams.
The Group Benefits
Our group buying power means that you can enjoy competitive rates whilst enjoying the best quality in the business.
We're accredited by CHAS, Constructionline, BALI, FORS, CE Marking, Safe Contractor and more.