Manufacturing and Operations Manager Role
Overview of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business that is experiencing exceptional growth. At the Elite Metal Group we love what we do, and we enjoy working with people that are passionate about their role and the difference that they can make within our business.
The role is for a Manufacturing and Operations Manager working for a market leading manufacturer of bespoke metalworks and structural steel contractor based in Perivale, west London. You will be responsible for the management of the shop floor staff which is made up of skilled Design Engineers, Fitters, Fabricators Metal Workers and Welders.
- Management of shop floor staff in the welding/fabrication and fitting areas.
- Ensuring Quality, Health & Safety regulations are always upheld and adhered to.
- Driving changes through implementation and monitoring of LEAN manufacturing Processes.
- Managing of workload and division of work to staff.
Responsibility of Quality, Cost & on time delivery.
Reporting into senior management on a weekly basis.
Managing recruitment, training, supervision & performance management for your team.
Ideally you will come from a hands-on engineering background as a Welder/Fabricator,
Experience as a Manufacturing Manager or senior manager in a similar environment is essential – ideally within metal manufacturing industry,
Experience in working in a high-pressure/time-sensitive environment.
This is an office-based role at our Perivale Head Quarters in northwest London.
Typical hours of work will be 7am until 5pm Monday to Friday.
At the Elite Metal Group, we consider ourselves to be the steel fabrication experts. The Group is currently made up of 5 key divisions or sub-brands, all with their own area of expertise. Last year our annual turnover was £12 million. Certain areas of our business have been trading for more than 70 years which has allowed us to establish competitive buying rates and a formidable team of skilled craftsman and detailers.
The group comprises of the following –
- Vaughan Fabrication Services specialise in on-site fabrication, welding and plant maintenance across the UK. Our fully equipped fleet of nationwide vehicles ensures that a team of professionals can quickly attend your site project.
- Elite Metalcraft was established in 1951 and specialises in architectural steel and bespoke staircase design for commercial and domestic markets. The highly experienced team is adept at working with any alloy of your choice to bring beautiful designs to life.
- Elite Structural Steel offers the complete package from simple structural steel supply through to site surveys, drawings, fabrication and in-house installation.
- Elite Surveying has a Team of experts ready to conduct topographical surveys using an array of industry leading robotic laser stations so that you can be assured of the highest levels of accuracy on your project.
- Elite Fabrication is the newest addition to the Elite Metal Group. Created for Architects, Garden Designers and Landscape Contractors this division specialises in architectural and bespoke steel products commonly used on traditional landscape schemes. Whether you’re looking for planters, landscape edging, balustrades, pergolas or access hatches, Elite Fabrication will have a solution to your design challenge.
The Elite Metal Group is based in North-West London and is proud to be the ONLY London based steel supplier that can survey, design, manufacture, wet spray, deliver and install using our own in-house facilities and highly professional Team.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to [email protected] Just because you can’t see a job on our listings table below doesn’t mean that we won’t be recruiting for it in the near future, so do send your CV across.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our Elite Team.
Why work with us?
70+ years of experience
Elite Metal Group has been manufacturing for over 70 years.
Our 44,000 square foot factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Minimal lead times
By manufacturing in-house we can ensure that we meet every agreed project deadline with no delays.
No third parties
Our in-house teams can survey, design, manufacture, deliver and install.
40,000 sq. ft factory
Our factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Dedicated delivery fleet
Elite Metal Group has it's own in-house delivery and experienced installation Teams.
The Group Benefits
Our group buying power means that you can enjoy competitive rates whilst enjoying the best quality in the business.
We're accredited by CHAS, Constructionline, BALI, FORS, CE Marking, Safe Contractor and more.