Estimator – Architectural metalwork
Overview of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business that is experiencing exceptional growth. At the Elite Metal Group, we love what we do, and we enjoy working with people who are passionate about their role and the difference that they can make within our business.
We are actively seeking a results-driven and detail-oriented Architectural Metalwork Steel Estimator to enhance our team within the Architectural Division. Reporting to the managing estimator you will be working in our busy estimating department, producing accurate quotations and negotiating tenders with our clients. You will also be working closely with the QS, PM, and design department at both the pre-submission and order stages. In this role, the Estimator will play a crucial part in engaging with customers and key prospects, delivering comprehensive solutions to drive sales, top-line revenue growth, customer purchasing levels, and overall profitability.
- Estimating architectural metalwork (especially staircases) and secondary steelwork through reading drawings and preparing material take-offs and tender summaries.
- Preparing quotations to meet deadlines and employing meticulous checks and balances to eliminate errors.
- Possess in-depth product knowledge of our product range and be able to identify new product opportunities.
- Foster seamless collaboration between the Architectural Metal Estimation, Project Management, and Draughting teams.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads and follow up on submitted quotes.
- Excellent selling, negotiation, and communication skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as an estimator, having worked in the metalwork or associated construction industry trade for a minimum of 2 years.
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accurate estimations and risk reduction.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and especially spreadsheets.
- Strong background in securing successful project bids and leading teams to consistent positive outcomes.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Deep knowledge of architectural metalwork products.
- Ability to provide drawings markups with Bluebeam.
Salary and Package:
Salary and package are dependent on experience.
At the Elite Metal Group, we consider ourselves to be the steel fabrication experts. The Group is currently made up of 5 key divisions or sub-brands, all with their own area of expertise. Last year our annual turnover was £12 million. Certain areas of our business have been trading for more than 70 years which has allowed us to establish competitive buying rates and a formidable team of skilled craftsman and detailers.
The group comprises of the following –
- Vaughan Fabrication Services specialise in on-site fabrication, welding and plant maintenance across the UK. Our fully equipped fleet of nationwide vehicles ensures that a team of professionals can quickly attend your site project.
- Elite Metalcraft was established in 1951 and specialises in architectural steel and bespoke staircase design for commercial and domestic markets. The highly experienced team is adept at working with any alloy of your choice to bring beautiful designs to life.
- Elite Structural Steel offers the complete package from simple structural steel supply through to site surveys, drawings, fabrication and in-house installation.
- Elite Surveying has a Team of experts ready to conduct topographical surveys using an array of industry leading robotic laser stations so that you can be assured of the highest levels of accuracy on your project.
- Elite Fabrication is the newest addition to the Elite Metal Group. Created for Architects, Garden Designers and Landscape Contractors this division specialises in architectural and bespoke steel products commonly used on traditional landscape schemes. Whether you’re looking for planters, landscape edging, balustrades, pergolas or access hatches, Elite Fabrication will have a solution to your design challenge.
The Elite Metal Group is based in North-West London and is proud to be the ONLY London based steel supplier that can survey, design, manufacture, wet spray, deliver and install using our own in-house facilities and highly professional Team.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to [email protected] Just because you can’t see a job on our listings table below doesn’t mean that we won’t be recruiting for it in the near future, so do send your CV across.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our Elite Team.
Why work with us?
70+ years of experience
Elite Metal Group has been manufacturing for over 70 years.
Our 44,000 square foot factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Minimal lead times
By manufacturing in-house we can ensure that we meet every agreed project deadline with no delays.
No third parties
Our in-house teams can survey, design, manufacture, deliver and install.
40,000 sq. ft factory
Our factory in west London means our location is perfect for your project requirements.
Dedicated delivery fleet
Elite Metal Group has it's own in-house delivery and experienced installation Teams.
The Group Benefits
Our group buying power means that you can enjoy competitive rates whilst enjoying the best quality in the business.
We're accredited by CHAS, Constructionline, BALI, FORS, CE Marking, Safe Contractor and more.